FAQs - IMPLEMENTATION OF THE EDE COVID-19 SCANNERS
What are these scanners?
- It is an EDE scanner supplied to us by the Abu Dhabi authorities.
- The scanners are highly effective in identifying people affected with Covid-19.
- The results are instantaneous and guests will be shown the results
Where did these EDE scanners come from?
- They were developed right here in Abu Dhabi.
- The scanners have been supplied to us by the Department of Economic Development, and they were developed by the EDE Research Institute Abu Dhabi
How do they work?
- The scanner measures differences in the electromagnetic waves between healthy cells and those infected with the Covid-19 virus.
Does the EDE scanner replace other restrictions at The Galleria such as temperature checks upon entry, observing social distancing, mandatory mask wearing?
- The EDE scanners will be used to facilitate entry to but it does not replace any of the existing precautionary measures in place at The Galleria Al Maryah Island.
- Guests are still required to undergo thermal screening upon entry, observe social distancing and wear masks at all times.
Do I need to remove my mask for the EDE scan?
- The EDE scanners will be pointed at the upper body, and not directly in your face so guests are not required to remove or lower masks.
Does the additional scan store any of my data (photos, body temperature etc.)?
- No, the EDE scan does not store any personal data.
Does the additional scan pose any kind of health risks (i.e. radiation)?
- No, the EDE scan does not pose any kind of health risk.
What if the scan identifies me as potentially positive but I have a valid recent negative PCR test?
- If the EDE scan identifies you as potentially infected with Covid-19, you will not be able to enter the mall, and you must take a PCR test within 24 hours as per government protocol.
- This is in line with the Abu Dhabi authorities, and we at The Galleria prioritise the health and safety of our guests.